Lisa M. Milonovich Scholarship Program
The Lisa M. Milonovich for Nursing Education provides financial assistance annually to support those choosing nursing as a career path as well as those in nursing who want to further their education.
Named in honor of Lisa M. Milonovich, a long-time, dedicated advanced practice nurse at Children’s Medical Center, the scholarship was endowed by Lisa’s family and many friends and colleagues who greatly admired her.
Such scholarships shall be awarded on an annual basis with the recipients selected according to the following criteria:
- Be a full-time or part-time Children’s employee with one year of continuous employment
- Maintain an overall grade-point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or, have a cumulative 3.0 GPA prior to being accepted into an accredited program
- Demonstrate financial need and a commitment to pursue additional education. Recipients may be graduating high school students, nurse’s aides, LVN’s, RN’s, and/or those seeking advanced nursing degrees. Financial need shall be determined on an individual basis with appropriate documentation as determined by The Learning Institute
- Commit to two years of additional employment at Children’s after completion of the educational program for which the scholarship was awarded
Awarding of the scholarships shall be administered by The Learning Institute in collaboration with the Chief Nursing Officer.
To apply, candidates should submit the following information:
- Two-page abstract describing how the advanced education will contribute to the mission of Children’s
- An official transcript or letter of acceptance into an accredited program for health care education
- Two reference letters
- A course plan for degree completion within a specific time frame, if applicable
Applications should be directed to:
Attn.: Career Services/Human Resources
Children’s Medical Center Dallas
1935 Medical District Drive
Dallas, Texas 75235
June 30, for Fall semester
October 31, for Spring semester